No Age

First thing I read about these guys was a review on itunes where someone called them "my generation's Sonic Youth." That made me feel old because my generation's "Sonic Youth" was in fact "Sonic Youth." I am beginning to have nightmares that it will not be long before I find myself listening to "TeenAge Riot" on the classic rock radio stations while my teenage children mock my musical taste.

Anyway, No Age released "Nouns" today on Sub Pop Records and there is already quite a buzz about the band. Spin gives the album 4 out of 5 stars, NME a pretty average 7 out of 10 and Pitchfork a lofty 9.2. I haven't seen eye to eye with Pitchfork in my last couple of postings but I have greatly enjoyed this record. The ambient guitar and fuzzy distortion makes me happy. It's a thumbs up from The Pants. Take a listen:


SeeqPod - Playable Search

Wikipedia:

No Age is an experimental rock band based in Los Angeles, currently signed to Sub Pop records.

No Age formed in December 2005 out of the ashes of hardcore punk band Wives and played their first proper show at Downtown Los Angeles venue The Smell in April 2006 with sister band Mika Miko. The band have recorded a number of limited vinyl singles and EPs which were collected together to form the album Weirdo Rippers, released by FatCat Records in 2007. The album received positive reviews in the music press and the band have since signed to the prominent Seattle-based independent label Sub Pop. On May 6th, 2008, No Age released their debut record for Sub Pop, Nouns.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Music From The Pants - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template